“Blond/Brunette Podcast – Follow Your Heart and Passion” written by Bren Koger.
Follow Your Heart and Passion
In this blond/brunette podcast we talk about how to follow your heart and your passion. How to be true to yourself in spite of outside influences.
It’s important to not follow what others think you should do or what society thinks is right.
Many times we try to fit into a label of what is expected of us. It starts at home and then at school and then we are told to choose a career that we invest a lot of time and money into and that is what we choose for our life path instead of taking life one day at a time and being inspired to just be as true to yourself as you possibly can
It might mean disapporinting people or stepping outside the normal ways of doing things.
Living Authentically and Follow Your Heart
When you live a truly authentic life Family and friends may not understand and will say negative things.
Or you might second guess yourself and have periods of doubt, I describe switichng careers and reinventing myself several times
We talk about a few tools you can use to help determine what you value and how to stay true to that.
Core values exercise by Beverly Chiodo
1. From the list below, choose and write down every core value that resonates with you. Do not overthink your selection. As you read through the list, simply write down the words that feel like a core value to you personally. If you think of a value you possess that is not on the list, write it down.
2. Group all similar values together from the list of values you just created. Group them in a way that makes sense to you, personally. Create a maximum of five groupings. If you have more than five groupings, drop the least important grouping(s). See the example below.
3. Choose one word within each grouping that represents the label for the entire group. Again, do not overthink your labels – there are no right or wrong answers. You are defining the answer that is right for you. See the example below – the label chosen for the grouping is bolded.
4. Add a verb to each value so you can see what it looks like as a actionable core value, for example:
Live in freedom.
Seek opportunities for making a difference.
Act with mindfulness.
This will guide you in the actions you need to take to feel like you are truly living on purpose.
5. Finally, write your core values in order of priority in your planner, so they are available as an easy reference when you are faced with decisions. For example:
- Live in freedom.
- Act with mindfulness.
- Promote well-being.
- Multiply happiness.
- Seek opportunities for making a difference.
Still Struggling With How to Follow Your Heart
If you are still struggling with designing a day that is true to you try listing everything you don’t like first and then from there you can create what you DO like.
And then design your perfect day, describe it and record it in your own voice. Listen to it twice a day.
Hearing it in your own voice can be a very powerful tool.
Final Words About How to Follow Your Heart
I hope this was helpful
If we can get to the place where we show up as our genuine selves, and let each other see who we really are, the awe-inspiring ripple effect will change the world. ~ Terrie M. Williams
P.S. If you gained value from this post be sure to comment below and please share this post on Facebook or Twitter!
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the TotalShortcut system, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network Review, and Jeunesse Global review.