“How to Achieve Your Goals like Rudy” written by Bren Koger.
Rudy Ruettiger of the Fighting Irish
Rudy Ruettiger is a motivational speaker. But not just any motivational speaker, his determination to follow his dream of playing football for Notre Dame was the inspiration for the 1993 movie “Rudy.”
The reason his story is so inspirational is that In 1974 when Rudy was accepted into Notre Dame he was not only 6 years older than the typical college student, he was dyslexic, only 5’6’ and underweight to play college football.
He had persistence and determination.
Even after getting accepted he still had to battle getting to play on the team and it was out of sheer determination and hard work that in Ruettiger’s last opportunity to play for Notre Dame at home, Coach Devine put him into a game as defensive end against Georgia Tech.
It really is an inspirational story.
Important Lessons on How to Achieve Your Goals
I watched this movie again at the cardiotheater of my gym and realized this story is inspirational for anyone considering starting an online business. Here’s why…
1) When you start out you will have a honeymoon phase where you will feel excited and invincible. Rudy was running the field and pretending to be a football player. He was convinced that his dreams would become a reality but as time went on and he suffered one setback after another his spirit started to dampen.
2) He didn’t give up. You will have to put in days of work with no guarantee of results. It could take years for your dream to come into fruition. Are you willing to do the action steps day after day and hold the faith that all of your effort is worthwhile even if no one see’s it but you?
3) You will have haters and it could be your friends and family. If you dare to do anything outside the norm the people in your life that are afraid to take the steps needed to get unstuck in their own life will judge you and doubt your ability to succeed. Rudy’s brother did not believe in him. He stayed in his hometown working with his dad at the factory. It might be lonely when you step outside the norm.
4) You will want to quit. Rudy had a period of time in the movie when he wanted to give up. There was a man there to help him through that.
[jwplayer player=”1″ mediaid=”9411″]
5) You will get support when you need it. The universe will put people and situations in your path that will be there for help when you need it the most.
6) You will realize that you’re not competing with anyone but yourself.
7) When you do accomplish your goals everyone (including the haters) will cheer for you and think you’re amazing. The crowds will cheer and want to jump on board when you realize your goals and dreams. You will be an inspiration to others.
8) The journey will be even better than the destination. You will have learned skills that you can use for a lifetime.
Final Thoughts on How to Achieve Your Goals
If you’ve ever used the excuse that you are too old, not smart or talented enough remember Rudy’s story. All you need is the power of the human spirit; the determination and persistence to go after a dream in spite of the naysayers and the obstacles.
If you don’t give up, you will achieve your dreams and inspire thousands of people in the process.
P.S. If you gained value from this post be sure to comment and retweet below!
If you want a system to help you rank in Google just like Bren and I do, then check out Influx Entrepreneur.