“How to Use Social Media for Marketing Your Online Business” written by Mike Marko.
Have you wondered how to use social media for marketing your small business?
It is a little different than using social medial for personal use.
Social media can be an inexpensive way to promote your online business. You can keep the buzz going about your business by creating conversations on these various social media platforms.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing
In this blog post I have some quick and easy tips for using some of the most popular social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram, to help build interest, and ultimately customers, for your online business:
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With Facebook
Let’s start with probably the most popular social media platform, Facebook. Everyone and their dog (literally in some cases) has their own Facebook platform. Over time Facebook has developed into a marketer’s heaven with all the information collected and available to those looking to do paid advertising on this social media platform.
Here are tips for using Facebook:
- Use your personal page when you start off. Only consider a business page if you plan on doing paid advertising on Facebook. Your business page will not get the same priority in being seen on the feed of others compared to your personal page.
- Reduce your workload while expanding your marketing efforts on Facebook: Instead of managing both a business page and a personal page, simply allow subscribers on your personal Facebook page. Subscriptions allow you to send public updates that your subscribers can view.
- Make sure you use a professional picture on your personal profile. It should be a clear picture that shows you in a positive light.
- Try to post 4-6 times a day, throughout the day, on different subjects like quotes, information, fun questions, and the occasional offer post (don’t spam your own page)
- Ask customers to share pictures on your Facebook page that show them using your recommend products to make money online. Their testimonials will help you generate more sales.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With YouTube
YouTube is the second or third most popular search engine (Google first, and then sometimes Facebook beats out YouTube). YouTube is a powerful way for you to connect with your audience, and gain new followers.
Follow the following tips to build your YouTube following:
- Create a YouTube channel for your online business. Regularly add fun and useful videos to the channel.
- Encourage your followers and customers to view and share your videos with others.
- At least once a week week, post a short (three minutes or less) video of yourself offering tips for your customers, such as demonstrating how to use a product that you sell.
- Be sure to comment on the videos of more popular videos in your niche. Those comments can be seen by others and they may follow your profile from your comment back to your own channel.
- Ask customers to submit video testimonials and post them on your YouTube channel.
- Be sure to have a clear purpose when creating or posting a video, and have a call to action at the end (even if it is to subscribe to your YouTube channel).
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With Twitter
I must confess that I don’t use Twitter as much as I should. Bren and I do use it, and here are some tips for using Twitter.
- Use Twitter to tweet interesting or unusual facts about your business or products. Be sure to provide a link to that product page (also known as money page) on your site.
- Send out short tips via Twitter on how to use your services or products. This is best done when you send out a link to your blog (be sure to include your blog post title or why they should click the link). This is my favorite way to use Twitter.
- Follow customers and vendors as well as influential bloggers, journalists, industry analysts, and others with a large following and significant influence on your business or industry.
- Use promoted tweets and Twitter cards as inexpensive ways to advertise your products in Twitter.
- Get more visibility by tweeting pictures and videos related to you or your business to your followers. People will take notice of pictures a lot more than text tweets.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With LinkedIn
LinkIn is basically Facebook for professionals. It has a lot of the same aspects of Facebook, but it is used a lot more for professionals to connect.
Use Linked to help you target a different type of customer than Facebook by following these tips:
- Create a LinkedIn profile and add links to your website. Be sure to update your profile with new links, product reviews, books or articles that you are reading. I like to post links to our blog posts on our profile.
- Join LinkedIn groups that associated with many of your potential customers. Be sure to frequently post questions or comments related to the products or services you offer. You can also post links to your blog posts in these groups.
- Trying adding brochures, PDFs, SlideShare PowerPoint presentations, and videos to your profile under the Summary section. This will help provide interesting content that anyone viewing your profile can download or share.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With Google+
Google+ is an interesting form of social media. It is similar, yet still vastly different than Facebook. There are Google+ groups you can join, and you can build a following by posting to your Google+ wall. Here are some tips to help make your Google+ account work for you:
- In your personal Google+ profile, create circles for your customers, vendors, and others interested in your brand. This helps organize people for your posts, or even for Google Hangouts.
- Start a Hangout. Use Hangouts On Air, the multi-person chat and video tool in Google+, to create a short video that can be viewed in real-time or archived on your YouTube channel. Bren and I use Google Hangouts to hold webinars, and to also interact with our team and have Q&A’s which we record and share with people who miss them.
- Post informative content for your customer and other business-related circles. Be sure to encourage feedback or comments. I love to post links to my blog posts to Google plus using OnlyWire.
- Launch a Google+ profile for your business, then start a Google+ community on a topic related to your business. Frequently post links to your blog in both the community and your Google+ business profile to keep followers interested and going to your blog.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With Pinterest
Over a year ago, I thought Pinterest was only good for posting pictures. It wasn’t until I started using OnlyWire and using the built in syndication tools inside YouTube that I discovered that you can also use Pinterest to link back to videos and blog posts. Here are some tips to make your Pinterest account work for you:
- Set up a Pinterest profile for your business, creating one or more Pinterest boards with themes or product interests related to your business.
- Add the Pin It button to your website pages so that visitors to your website can pin, or post, product images from your site to Pinterest.
- When pinning an image to a board in Pinterest, add a short text description.
- Pin your YouTube videos to your boards. This is a great way to generate more traffic to your videos.
How to Use Social Media for Marketing With Instagram
I never would have thought Instagram would be a great platform for marketing online, but right now it has to be one of the hottest. You can really narrow in on your customer and get leads.
Here are some tips for using Instagram:
- Create multiple accounts and post at least 20 pictures in each account.
- Each account should be specific to a particular niche. This can even be a competing company that you want to try and switch over to your product.
- Put the link you want people to click into your description, and give them a reasons to click the link.
- Make sure you interact by liking and commenting on other people’s pictures. This will attract their attention and have them visit your account.
This blog post explained several ways how to use social medial for marketing your online business. You don’t have to use every method or follow every tip, but if you take advantage of a couple those social media platforms you can start building up more traffic to your website and offers.
Take advantage of the growing social media phenomena!
P.S. If you found value in this blog post, please like and comment below.
Author: Mike Marko
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the IPAS 2, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network Review.
If you want a system to help you rank in Google just like Bren and I do, then check out Influx Entrepreneur.