“How to Whitelist an Email Address with Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo” written by Mike Marko.
Are you finding that some of your important emails are not ending up in your inbox? Your email provider may be preventing you from receiving emails from important sources, including for password resets, etc… or even email from me.
That’s why I want to tell you how to whitelist an email address with Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo! Mail.
Why You Are Not Receiving Emails
Services like Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo! Mail block email to protect you from unwanted or malicious email such as phishing, scams and spam. But them may mistake email that you want for email that you don’t want.
If ask your email provider to unblock or whitelist an email address, email from that address will be more likely to get through.
How to Whitelist an Email Address
Let’s start with Gmail…
How to Whitelist an Email Address with Gmail
1. Sign into your Gmail.com account.
2. Add the address to your contacts.
3. Mark messages as “not spam”.
If Gmail has marked emails you wish to whitelist as spam, tell Gmail the emails are not spam.
- In Gmail, navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist (eg [email protected] or mikemarko.com).
- Select all the emails shown.
- Click the Not spam button.
4. Create a Filter for the Address
Create a filter to tell Google to whitelist email from a domain or online group.
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner, and then Settings
- Click on Filters and then Create a new filter
* enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the From field or
* enter the email address of the online group you want to whitelist in the To field
- Click Create filter with this search
- In the box headed When a message arrives that matches this search select Never send it to spam
- Click the Create filter button
How to Whitelist an Email Address with Outlook.com
For Outlook.com, Windows Live Mail, Hotmail and MSN Mail, sign in to your account at Outlook.com and do the following.
1. Add the Address to Your Contacts
Add the email address that is sending you email (eg [email protected] or [email protected]) to your Outlook.com Contacts. Outlook.com will usually deliver email from addresses that are in your Contacts.
2. Add the Address to Your Safe Senders
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner and then More mail settings
- Select Safe and blocked senders and then Safe senders
- Add add the domain of the email you want to whitelist to the list of Safe senders
- Return to Safe and blocked senders and then select Safe mailing lists
- Add the email address of the online group you want to whitelist to the list of Safe mailing lists
How to Whitelist an Email Address with Yahoo! Mail
Sign in to your account at Yahoo! Mail and do the following.
1. Add the Address to Your Contacts
2. Create a Filter for the Address
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon and select Settings
- Click Filters and then Add
- Enter a Filter Name
* enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the Sender field, or
* enter the email address of the online group you want to whitelist in the Recipient field
- Select Inbox as the folder to deliver the email to
- Click Save and then click Save again
Final Thoughts On How to Whitelist an Email Address
Follow these steps to help make sure you get all your emails in your inbox. Don’t let your email provider cause you to miss any important emails (including from [email protected] and [email protected]). 🙂
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
Have questions and want to connect?
Add me on Facebook then shoot me a message:
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the IPAS 2, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network Review. Be sure to check out Digital Altitude in our Digital Altitude review.
If you want a system to help you rank in Google just like I do, then check out Influx Entrepreneur.