“Three Types of Marketing Online | An Overall Online Marketing Strategy” written and video by Mike Marko.
Do you have a website and you’re now looking to get traffic to it?
There are literally millions and millions of websites. And just because you have a website does NOT mean that you’ll get any visitors except… your mom. The reason is because people may not know about it. That’s where online marketing comes into play.
And that’s why today I want to talk to you about three types of marketing online you can do to get traffic to your website.
Your Overall Online Marketing Strategy
In the following video I talk about creating your overall online marketing strategy.
VIDEO: How To Create An Overall Online Marketing Strategy
[jwplayer player=”1″ mediaid=”21957″]
As the video illustrate there are three ways to get traffic to your website.
Social Media Marketing
Social media use has exploded over the past couple decades. Not only is social media… well… social… there are many forms of social media to help you market your website. These include:
and the list goes on…
There are lots of advantages to using social media, which include:
- Worldwide connectivity
- Real time information sharing
- Increase brand awareness
- Legitimize the brand
- Distribute content
- Relatively inexpensive
There are also some disadvantages to social media marketing:
- Takes a while to build up following organically
- Have to post content regularly to get best results
- Difficult to use effectively without guidance
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Let’s start this section by first answering the question, “what is search engine optimization“:
- Getting search engines like Google to recognize your content as the solution to ending search
- Comprises of on-page and off-page elements
- Takes a while to build up, but you end up getting very targeted traffic
The advantages of search engine optimization include:
- Very targeted traffic
- Can last years as a traffic source
- Helps get recognized as a brand (from search results)
The disadvantages of search engine optimization are:
- You are at the mercy of search engine algorithms, and any changes they implement
- Takes a long time to build up effectively
- Not cheap for tougher keywords (and you may never get the tough keywords)
- Only a few people can get top search engine positioning for the keywords
Paid Traffic (Paid Advertising)
Paid advertising is an important part of any overall online marketing strategy. Paid traffic is where you pay people to get to your website. This can be via Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook or Instagram PPC (pay-per-click), Twitter PPC, solo ads, etc. The main point of paid traffic is that it is dependent on how much you spend (which is both good and bad).
The advantages of paid traffic include:
- Can be very targeted to a specific target audience/demographic
- Scaleable (for paid traffic that works: the more you pay into it the more traffic you get)
- Can get traffic quickly to your website
The disadvantages of paid traffic are:
- Can be expensive
- Difficult to do effectively unless mentored
- There are stringent rules for most advertising
Final Thoughts On An Overall Online Marketing Strategy
Follow these tips on creating an overall online marketing strategy for social media.
If you want help in building up the following for your social media accounts, feel free to contact me and we can talk about the different options we offer.
And always keep in mind… have fun!
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
Have questions and want to connect?
Add me on Facebook then shoot me a message:
1. How To Start Marketing With Instagram | Your First Instagram Posts
2. Top Instagram Marketing Tips From An Instagram Marketing Service
3. Three Key Points to Consider When Marketing on Instagram
If you want a system to help you rank in Google just like I use, then check out Influx Entrepreneur.