” Random Acts of Kindness” written by Bren Koger.
Recipients of Random Acts of Kindness
We were the recipients of one these random acts of kindness while on a road trip to Michigan this weekend to visit my son.
We exited the freeway to get a healthy snack (Twizzlers) at a gas station and a guy who was driving beside us motioned for me to roll down my window.
He had this big smile on his face and said, “I just wanted to let you know your back taillight is out. I wasn’t sure if you were aware and I didn’t want you to get pulled over by the police.”
He noticed and he took the time to help.
It was completely going out of his way to help out a stranger and left me with a great feeling for the rest of the day.
Create Your Own Random Acts of Kindness
There are many opportunities to take a minute to help a stranger throughout the day.
Ten Simple Random Acts of Kindness You Can Do
Here are 10 simple things you can do that take practically no extra time:
- Smile. You don’t know how much this can brighten a persons day.
- Reach out. Call or email someone you haven’t talked to in awhile, just to ask how they are.
- A quick text. Send your spouse a text just to tell him something that you appreciate about him.
- Pass a note. Hide a kind note in a library book.
- Simple gifts. Bring your spouse his favorite drink while he’s getting ready for work.
- Help someone load their groceries.
- Pass up a parking spot. It’s a great way to get a little exercise and fresh air.
- Leave a bigger tip than normal. You never know what a difference this can make.
- Hold a door for someone. It’s a kind gesture.
- Stop and look around. You will see many ways you can help someone if you take the time to notice.
Not only does it help others but performing these little acts of kindness Is truly a win/win situation. Because You feel good for having helped someone. And studies have been shown that random acts of kindness reduce stress, boost your immune system and improve your self esteem.
Look for You Chance
Most of these things cost nothing, just a willingness to help others and make them happy.
Look for a way to help out a stranger this week.
You will both reap the benefits of a better world.
P.S. If you gained value from this post be sure to comment below, and please share this post on Facebook or Twitter!